Tuesday 11 March 2014

Now, how do I sell an Architecture Framework?

So on my path to architectural enlightenment I just passed my TOGAF examinations: Foundation and Certified, with a healthy 79% - quite chuffed with one ;-) I can now display this lovely badge:
So what do I do with it? Now that's the challenge, because my organisation hasn't embraced TOGAF, though I feel there is some value in adapting and adopting. We have a segmented approach to architecture, but I've yet to unravel the strategic architecture - see I am using TOGAF already:-)

I think my approach is to draw on areas within the TOGAF framework and show some value; in particular I like a lot of the techniques presented, and I feel most people could benefit from a more structured approach to their work efforts. As these start gaining some acceptance, I can start into introduce more concepts.

I'm interested to here how others have introduce TOGAF into their organisations? Did you use he ADM to establish a practice, or did you take another route? How did you sell the value, thus enabling you to establish a practice?

Answers on a postcard please.

No comments:

Post a Comment