Tuesday 18 February 2014

Visualisation - a British spelling

An old colleague of mine has a great blog on BI (Business Intelligence) and it's application through a tool called Tableau. It was from reading Paul's blog that made me think I should start outputting some of my architecture ramblings; the ones I don't have the chance to during the working day, or the ones nobody wants to listen to;-)

In my head I see the visualisation piece as being the icing on the top of the cake: there is a whole data architecture that needs to underpin this, within the IT environment it is part of the ITOA movement I mentioned in a previous post.

That being said, Tableau is both a very powerful tool, and more importantly a very easy tool to get up and running to gain some valuable business insights.  Empowering a user base is one thing I look for in a platform, since it avoids service bottlenecks: i.e. a team of staff managing requests. Power to the people is what I say!

Anyhoo, recommend checking Paul's blog out for all your Tableau visualisation needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment